It’s that time of year when we realize that the house is getting dark earlier. This leaves us with shorter days and lower energy levels. Here are a few tips to help you avoid the Midwest winter blues.
- Be sure to have multiple sources of light for each room.
- Add dimmers for versatility and easy adjustment of light levels.
- Make sure task lighting is available to eliminate shadows that will cause eye strain.
- Check that your chandeliers are large enough and hung low enough to properly light table surfaces.
- Accent lighting on art and shelving will contribute to the overall light levels of the room.
- Switch out lampshades to white for the fall and winter months.